- These are brand new easy to use 1/4″ hexagonal shank Step Drill HSS Co-M35 Cobalt Drill Bit offering a SUBSTANTIAL increase in the wear resistance and oxidation aspect over the more common and cheaper HSS4241 and HSS6542 bits.
- This bit is appropriate for drilling both G304 and G316 Stainless Steel as well as wood or metal thin plate or hollow section – up to 5mm thick – with Fast Triple Spiral Groove Design for Great Chip Removal
- Each Bit is CNC formed with CBN Grinding Wheel for higher accuracy sizing featuring a 118 degrees self centering point with a wide angle of entry with very low point slippage and self Deburring grooves
- Step Drills allow drilling multiple sized holes in one step for reduced processing steps and each use produces a clean chamfered hole in the material. Can be used on plate, bar, tube, or box section.
- Cutting fluid or drill lubricant is recommended (the type of fluid depends on the material being machined). As with all machining, it is best to go slow, keep the tool cool, and use LOTS of lubricant. They are industry fabrication quality and IMHO – one of the best hand tools around.