Professional Hydraulic Swaging Tool
This awesome Professional Hydraulic Swager generates the equivalent of a MASSIVE 153 Tons / in2 with its dies and is industry fabrication quality and IMHO – one of the best hand tools around. As well, this tool has the improved lever shafts secured with an adjustable “Lock On” pressure dial – made stronger to last longer. It is well designed with reliable, solid construction and comes with a set of “Standard” set of generic hexagonal (GH) dies. Specialized jaw sets and individual replacement jaws (a pair) are also available for the tool.
Please note that there can be a wide variation in fitting length and wall thickness, however the general guideline is that the standard jaws work with:
- Stainless Steel Swaged fittings that suit wire rope in the 2.4mm to 5.0mm range.
- Hourglass / Duplex Aluminium & Copper & Nickel Coated Copper Ferrules that suit wire rope in the 2.4mm to 9.0mm range.
- Round Aluminium & Copper & Nickel Coated Copper Ferrules (End stops) that suit wire rope in the 2.4mm to 9.0mm range.
- Terminal Ball cast fittings that suit wire rope in the 3.2 to 5.0mm range.
Specialized Dies are available individually or in “sets”. They are manufactured to a specific size and purpose. Additionally, the specialised dies are hardened and shaped for a particular application and size. I
Hardened Round (HR) Dies are recommended for use with a machine (oval) ferrule – either copper or aluminium. The HR Dies are sized for Oval Swages, have a wider compression zone (17.2mm), and are generally simply thicker. and more durable than the GH Dies. These HR Dies finish the fitting with a round shape that suits machine (OVAL) swages – and YES – this works on Nicopress Swages VERY well. They are available in sizes suiting ferrules used on wire from 4.0mm to 9.0mm
Hardened Hexagonal (HH) Dies are are recommended for use with stainless steel – either 316 or 304 – terminal fittings. These HH Dies finish the fitting with a hexagonal shape with a die that is extra wide (17.2mm) – and yes, they work VERY well.
There is a Table (in development) noting the size of jaw to the appropriate application.
This Hydraulic Swaging Tool generates 12 Tons ‘at the head’ – which means when the area of the dies is considered – the effective pressure is > 153 Tons / in2 or over 288,000 lbs/in2 or over 1,985,690 KPa. That is enormous and has the ability to “pressure weld” the fittings into the wire rope.
To manage this pressure, this tool has a ‘pre-set’ pressure valve to every swage is perfect and achieved at the same pressure. It also works as a safety valve so that you don’t (literally) blow the end off of the tool. An advanced-retract control for the ram is located in the moveable handle.
As well, 2 Speed Compression is afforded by an internal valve automatically shifts from the low pressure pump stage to the high pressure compression stage. The switch occurs with a smooth transition at the point of contact with a fitting.
Full visibility of the working area is afforded by the narrow, 180° swivel “C” head, making it easy to position the dies on the fitting.
Features & Benefits:
- Two Handed operation
- Bench Mountable in a vice for 1 Handed Operation.
- Special Factory formed generic Hardened Tool Steel Swaging Dies for consistent perfect swaging every single time!
- 505mm for good reach and leverage and power
- Dies can be locked in place
- Suits swaging/crimping Nickel Coated Copper Ferrules/Swages as well as Stainless Steel Fittings
- GH Dies Stainless Steel swage fittings for 2.4mm, 3.0mm, 3.2mm, 4.0mm, 4.8mm, and 5.0mm wire rope
- Shock-proof design with ergonomic handles to eliminate vibration
- Rubberized ergonomic handles make it easier to use for extended periods
- Overall length of the tool (500mm / 20″) provides excellent leverage
- Weight 4.8kg
- Jaw Spread 3.0mm
- Minimum Diameter of Wire – 2.4mm
- Maximum Diameter of Wire – 9.0mm
- Force of tool – 153 Tons / in2 with GH #8 dies
- 1 – LCW-153T Professional Hydraulic Swage Tool
- 1 – Clip Lock Plastic Molded Case
- 1 – Die Set (#6, #8, #10, #16, #25, #35, #50, #70, #95, #120, #150, #185, #240)