Combination Drill Tap M2 HSS – All Sizes
A Combination Drill Tap is a tool that allows a tradesman to both drill a hole in metal and tap a thread. These tools are designed to work in a variable speed reversing drill. Various threads combinations and Left and Right handed Drill Taps are available.
Metal (galvanized, mild steel, aluminium, and Stainless Steel) posts or plate can all be drilled and tapped with this combination tool. As with all metal drilling operations – it is highly recommended that the user:
- make a pilot hole first (saves the tip of the tool and SMALL drill bits are much cheaper);
- uses a lubricant or cutting fluid on both surfaces – even on aluminium (olive oil actually works fine);
- keeps the drill perfectly square to the surface; and
- goes slowly.
- High Speed Steel Titanium plated Drill Tap
- Metric Sizing
- Suits drilling and tapping stainless steel (316 & 304) up to 1.6mm thick plate or tube walls
- Suits drilling and tapping iron, aluminium, and mild steel up to 3.0mm thick plate or tube walls
- Dead easy to use…
- Tradesman Quality tool