Drill Bit Long HSS Cobalt Steel
These Drill Bit Long HSS Cobalt Steel Bits are easy to use for cutting into wood or metal thin plate or hollow section – and they are long enough to do a 120mm x 120mm Intermediate post in 1 pass!
Each tool produces a clean chamfered hole in the material. Can be used on plate, bar, tube, or box section. Cutting fluid or drill lubricant is recommended (the type of fluid depends on the material being machined). As with all machining, it is best to go slow, keep the tool cool, and use LOTS of lubricant. They are industry fabrication quality and IMHO – one of the best hand tools around
Choose a clean dry surface and mark your intended spot. We recommend that you mark or center punch the material to prevent any ‘wandering’. Apply lubricant if necessary, and with your 8mm extra long drill bit located in your variable speed reversing drill – simply drill your hole.
Please understand that failure to use lubricant and or drilling fast can radically reduce the life of the 8mm extra long drill as a dull or burnt tip on the drill tap pretty much destroys the tool.. Injecting cold water while working, can effectively extend the service life of the drill bit.
Features & Benefits:
- M2 HSS Fully ground M2 HSS material to increase drill life.
- Coating reduces heat and increases lubricity for extended life.
- Self Centering 135° Split Point cuts faster and reduces wandering.
- Longer Flute & overall length for drilling deeper holes
- Fast cutting cone, uses drill edged principle
- Drill through 120mm posts in one step for reduced processing steps
Drill Bit Specifications:
- Size: 4mm x 125mm, 8mm x 165mm
- Material: HSS4241