Eye Eye Turnbuckle Swages Thimbles Saddles Screws SRTT Kit
This Eye Eye Turnbuckle Thimbles Swages Saddles Screws SRTT Kit is configured to suit a single short run (SR – under 10M) of stainless steel wire rope. The short run configuration uses an Eye Eye Turnbuckles (at one end) to provide a single tensioning points. There are two Eye Straps (Saddles) that attach directly to end posts, secured with screws. The strength of the fittings can be chosen (4mm / M4 = light duty; 5mm / M5 = recommended; 6mm / M6 = heavy duty) to suit the applicable wire rope (2.4mm = light duty; 3.0mm/3.2mm = recommended; 4.0mm = heavy duty. The type of screw can also be chosen – we recommend using counter-sunk self tapping screws on softwood, and pan head self tapping screws on hardwood.
The Eye Eye Turnbuckle Swages Saddles with Screws SRTT Kit has an eye eye turnbuckle at one end, attached to the wire using a thimble and a swage, which forms a terminal loop. The eye eye turnbuckle then attaches to a saddle, which in turn attaches to an end post. The other end of the run has another terminal loop, formed by another swage and thimble, but has no turnbuckle.
Wire may be installed through the intermediate posts and ‘cut to length’. Drill the intermediate posts out to at least 4mm prior to swaging in place. Before swaging, please expand all of the tensioners so that the maximum adjust-ability is available.
Alternately, if you build the wire before you install it, then the length of a wire run is determined by the ‘inside to inside’ post measurement, minus a fixed amount which represents the distance between the attachment posts ‘taken up’ by the fittings once installed and adjusted properly. We recommend cutting, building, installing and reviewing your installation to ensure that it looks the way YOU want it to look once its complete.
- 1 – Eye Eye Open Turnbuckle Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 2 – Nickel Plated Copper Ferrules (swages / crimps) Marine Grade
- 2 – Thimbles Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 2 – Saddles (eye straps) Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 4 – Screws Stainless Steel
- Balustrade Kit for 1 Runs/Wire
- Post Connections TT (Timber-Timber)
- Recommended Run Length <10M (SR)
- Swaging Method: Mechanical
- Wire Structure: 7×7, 7×19
- Diameter of Wire: 1.0mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm; 3.2mm; 4.0mm
- Section Orientation: Flat, Stairs, Angle
- Wire Orientation in a Section: Horizontal, Vertical