Individual Nutsert Mandrels for SuperTuff Rivet Nut Tool
Our Individual Nutsert Mandrels fit our line of Rivet Nut Insertion Tools. They are industry fabrication quality and IMHO – one of the best hand tools around. Mandrels are what are required to ‘set’ a nutsert into a panel. This Mandrel is recommended for use with our tools
Nutserts (Rivet Nuts) are used to place a permanent fastener (nut) inside a closed structure (like a frame tube or a metal post) or behind a panel (like a body panel). This fastening method allows fittings to be screwed into and tightened without needing a wrench behind the panel to hold a nut. Use of this type of fastening point is common when installing body kits to cars, rear wings, front spoilers / bumpers / scoops, or completing panel work. Because Rivet Nuts are robust and light, they have long been used on aircraft and race cars / bikes.
As well – the nutserts are brilliant for installing balustrade fittings into metal posts (Stainless, Mild, Galvanized Steel 0r Aluminium)
As well, Rivnuts are just plain useful in and around the home, in the workshop for sheet metal work and for tradesman use with box tube or pipe. Basically, Rivet Nuts are used with any application that:
- has only one side with which to work, or
- joins parts together for a clean neat application, or
- needs the installed bits to be easy to adjust and operate once installed.
Features & Benefits:
- Overall length of the tool (~70mm / 1.3″) provides excellent “Pull”
- Long (~3mm / 1.3″) for maximum working load making it easy to use
- Weight 15g
- High Carbon Heat Treated Mandrel
- Easy release – just pull down the collar and unscrew the Mandrel from the Tool – no wrench should be required