Swage Bolt RHT LHT Nutsert SRMM
Swage Bolt RHT LHT Nutsert SRMM Kit suits a run of wire of 10 meters or less (hence the SR or Short Run). Fittings include a Right Hand Thread (RHT) & a Left Hand Thread (LHT) Terminal Swage Bolt that form two attachment points in combination with Rivet Nuts (also both RHT and LHT). Together, these inserts attach directly into Metal posts (hence the MM or Metal to Metal).
The first end of the run has a RHT Swage Bolt swaged to the wire and this attaches to the first timber post or wall using a RHT Nutsert. As well, the second end uses an LHT Swage Bolt which is fastened to the second post or wall with the second LHT Nutsert.
Wire may be installed through the intermediate posts and ‘cut to length’. Please make sure you cut the wire beforehand. It is VERY difficult to ‘cut to size’ once the Terminal Swage Bolts are installed. Drill the intermediate posts out to at least 4mm prior to swaging in place.
Alternately, if you build the wire before you install it, then the length of a wire run is determined by the ‘inside to inside’ post measurement. This length has a fixed amount removed. Because the fixed amount represents the distance between the attachment posts ‘taken up’ by the fittings when installed and adjusted properly. Therefore, intermediate posts to be drilled out to ~8.0mm in order to pass the fittings through. The fixed amount for this kit = 47mm. This number represents the amount we would cut off in the factory to custom build wires with this kit for a given length. We recommend cutting, building, installing and reviewing your installation to ensure that it looks the way YOU want it to look once its complete.
Please note that we strongly recommend that installation of these kits requires 2 people.
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 X 40mm RHT Swage Bolt Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 X 40mm LHT Swage Bolt Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 RHT Nutsert Stainless Steel 304 Marine Grade
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 LHT Nutsert Stainless Steel 304 Marine Grade
- Balustrade Kit for Pack Size Runs/Wire
- Post Connections MM (Metal to Metal
- Recommended Run Length <10M (SR)
- Swaging Method: Hydraulic
- Wire Structure: 7×7, 1×19
- Diameter of Wire: 3.2mm, 4.0mm
- Thread of Fitting: M6 x 1.0
- Section Orientation: Flat, Stairs, Angle (however, you must use additional swivels)
- Wire Orientation in a Section: Horizontal, Vertical