Swage Bolt RHT LHT Timber Insert SRTT Kit suits a run of 3.2mm wire of 10 meters or less (hence the SR or Short Run). The kit has a Right Hand Thread (RHT) and a Left Hand Thread (LHT) Terminal Swage Bolt. Together, these act as a ‘turnbuckle’ when attached to a wire. The Studs form two attachment points in combination with Timber Inserts (also both RHT and LHT). These inserts attach directly into Timber posts (hence the TT or Timber to Timber).
Usage: The Swage Bolt RHT LHT Timber Insert SRTT kit has two ends. The first end of the run has a RHT Swage Bolt swaged to the wire. This attaches to the first timber post or wall using a RHT Timber Insert. The second end uses an LHT Swage Bolt which is fastened to the second post or wall with the second LHT Timber Insert.
Wires are installed in straight sections – through intermediate posts and ‘cut to length’ before swaging. Drill the intermediate posts out to at least 4mm prior to swaging “in place” or 8mm if swaging is done outside of the structure.
The length of a wire run is determined beforehand by the ‘inside to inside’ post measurement less a fixed amount. The fixed amount varies by kit. Consequently, it represents the distance between the attachment posts ‘taken up’ by the fittings when installed and adjusted properly. The recommended fixed amount for this kit = 47mm. This number represents the amount we would cut off in the factory to custom build wires with this kit for a given length. We recommend cutting, building, installing and reviewing your installation to ensure that it looks the way YOU want it to look once its complete.
More detailed installation instructions are available here. Please note that we strongly recommend that installation of these kits requires 2 people.
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 X 40mm RHT Swage Bolt Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 X 40mm LHT Swage Bolt Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 X 40mm RHT Timber Insert Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- 1 – M6 x 1.0 X 40mm LHT Timber Insert Stainless Steel 316 Marine Grade
- Balustrade Kit for Pack Size Runs/Wire
- Post Connections TT (Timber to Timber)
- Recommended Run Length <10M (SR)
- Swaging Method: Hydraulic
- Wire Structure: 7×7, 1×19
- Diameter of Wire: 3.0mm, 3.2mm, 4.0mm
- Thread of Fitting: M6 x 1.0
- Section Orientation: Flat, Stairs, Angle
- Wire Orientation in a Section: Horizontal, Vertical